Thursday, February 18, 2010

Here Come The Planes / Lathe of Smallville

Last night I dreamed myself in a locale that crops up a lot in my dreams; it's an amalgam of a couple of college campuses I've been to -- lots of buildings, some in the woods. This time there'd been some kind of attack or natural disaster; many buildings were damaged and on the verge of collapse. For some reason I was wandering around inside; not with any particular sense of urgency.

Later in the dream I was in a conference room discussing continuity-of-business plans with my co-workers. One of them, referring to the disaster, spouted some pretty noxious conspiracy theories about this attack and 9/11 that I won't reproduce here.

Then I wake this morning to find out someone crashed their plane into the IRS building in Austin, TX apparently (though we're still getting details) as a form of protest.

No, I don't necessarily believe in prescience, but it is kind of interesting (to me, which for my purposes is really all that matters).

On a considerably lighter note, for those of you who watch the (deliciously ridiculous) "Smallville": upon seeing Pam Grier as Checkmate agent (director?) Amanda Waller I quipped to My Associate "what's next? Maxwell Lord?" - And Then. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment